|Store Home Browse: Books ... Arts & Photography|
|1-10 of 1888180 Results Next|
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts|
by Gary Chapman
- Over 11 million copies sold
- #1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary
Simple ideas, lasting love
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
Amazon.com Review Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice. How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage. Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set. Features:
Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice.
How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage.
Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set.... Read more
2. Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It|
by Charlamagne Tha God
Charlamagne Tha God—the self-proclaimed “Prince of Pissing People Off,” co-host of Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, and “hip-hop’s Howard Stern”—shares his unlikely success story as well as how embracing one’s truths is a fundamental key to success and happiness.
1. My Voice: A Memoir
2. The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl
3. The Keys
4. Empire State of Mind: How Jay Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office, Revised Edition
5. Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America
6. I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
7. From Niggas to Gods, Part One
8. The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage
9. I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
10. My Voice: A Memoir .
3. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing|
by Marie Kondō
This #1 New York Times best-selling guide to decluttering your home from Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes readers step-by-step through her revolutionary KonMari Method for simplifying, organizing, and storing.
1. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up
2. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up (Random House Large Print)
3. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
4. Life-Changing Magic: A Journal - Spark Joy Every Day
5. Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
6. The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story
7. The Art of Discarding: How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy
8. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
9. The 5 Elements of Effective Thinking
10. Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism .
4. Hamilton: The Revolution|
by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jeremy McCarter
Winner of the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and Eleven Tony Awards, including Best Musical
1. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD)
2. Alexander Hamilton
3. Hamilton - Easy Piano
4. 499 Facts about Hip-Hop Hamilton and the Rest of America?s Founding Fathers: 499 Facts About Hop-Hop Hamilton and America’s First Leaders
6. The Duel: The Parallel Lives of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr
7. Hamilton - Vocal Selections
8. Alex and Eliza: A Love Story
9. Alexander Hamilton
10. The Hamilton Mixtape (Explicit) .
5. Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief's Tribute to America's Warriors|
by George W. Bush
#1 New York Times bestseller | Amazon "Best Books of the Month"
1. 41: A Portrait of My Father
2. Painting As a Pastime
3. Decision Points
4. Our Great Big Backyard
5. Decision Points
6. Sir Winston Churchill: His Life and His Paintings
7. Old School: Life in the Sane Lane
8. Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush
9. Two Paths: America Divided or United
10. Spoken from the Heart .
6. The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince|
by Mayte Garcia
INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
1. Dig If You Will the Picture: Funk, Sex, God and Genius in the Music of Prince
2. Picturing Prince: An Intimate Portrait
3. The Rise of Prince: 1958-1988
4. The Beat of My Own Drum: A Memoir
5. Prince: The Coloring Book (Feral House Coloring Books for Adults)
6. Gold Experience: Following Prince in the ’90s
7. Prince: A Private View
8. Prince: Chapter and Verse—A Life in Photographs
9. Graffiti Bridge
10. Prince: Sign O the Times .
7. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood|
by Trevor Noah
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The compelling, inspiring, and comically sublime story of one man’s coming-of-age, set during the twilight of apartheid and the tumultuous days of freedom that followed
1. Revolution for Dummies: Laughing Through the Arab Spring
2. The Daily Show (The Book): An Oral History as Told by Jon Stewart, the Correspondents, Staff and Guests
3. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
4. Dreams in a Time of War: A Childhood Memoir
5. A Colony in a Nation
6. Madame President: The Extraordinary Journey of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
7. The Underground Railroad (Pulitzer Prize Winner) (National Book Award Winner) (Oprah's Book Club): A Novel
8. Anthills of the Savannah
9. Africa and the West: A Documentary History, Vol. 1: From the Slave Trade to Conquest, 1441-1905
10. Africa and the West: A Documentary History: Volume 2: From Colonialism to Independence, 1875 to the Present .
8. Creative Lettering and Beyond: Inspiring tips, techniques, and ideas for hand lettering your way to beautiful works of art (Creative...and Beyond)|
by Gabri Joy Kirkendall, Laura Lavender, Julie Manwaring, Shauna Lynn Panczyszyn
... Read more
Creative Lettering and Beyond combines the artistic talents and inspirational tips and tutorials of several professional hand letterers and calligraphers for a dynamic and interactive learning experience. After a brief introduction to the various tools and materials, artists and lettering enthusiasts will learn how to master the art of hand lettering and typography through engaging, easy-to-follow step-by-step projects, prompts, and exercises. From the basic shape and form of letters, to cursive script, spacing, and alignment, artists will discover how to transform simple words, phrases, and quotes into beautiful works of hand-lettered art. The interactive format and step-by-step process offers inspirational instruction for a wide variety of fun projects and gift ideas, including hand-rendered phrases on paper and digitally enhanced notecards. Artists will also discover how to apply lettering to linen, coffee mugs, calendars, and more. Numerous practice pages and interactive prompts throughout the book invite readers to put their newfound lettering skills to use, as well as work out their artistic ideas. Covering a variety of styles and types of lettered art, including calligraphy, illustration, chalk lettering, and more, artists will find a plethora of exercises and tips to help them develop their own unique lettering style. With comprehensive instructions and fun, inspirational exercises and projects, Creative Lettering and Beyond is a must-have resource for anyone who wants to learn this beautiful and stylish art form.
1. Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad: Over 100 Lined Practice Pages for Free Form Calligraphy & Hand Lettering (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
2. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Bright, 10-Pack
3. Tombow Beginner Lettering Marker (56190)
4. Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering
5. Staedtler Calligraphy Pen Set, 33 Pieces
6. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Primary, 6-Pack
7. Hand-Lettering (An Interactive Guide to the Art of Drawing Letters)
8. The Complete Book of Chalk Lettering: Create and Develop Your Own Style
9. Pilot Parallel Pen 2-Color Calligraphy Pen Set with Red and Black Ink Cartridges, 2.4mm Nib (90051)
10. The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide: A Complete Step-by-Step Creative Workbook to Jump Start Modern Calligraphy Skills
11. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Primary, 6-Pack .
9. The Moth Presents All These Wonders: True Stories About Facing the Unknown|
by Catherine Burns
“Wonderful." —Michiko Kakutani, New York Times
1. The Moth
2. Long Story Short: The Only Storytelling Guide You'll Ever Need
3. Ties That Bind: Stories of Love and Gratitude from the First Ten Years of StoryCorps
4. Here If You Need Me: A True Story
5. Somebody with a Little Hammer: Essays
6. Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy
7. Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work (A StoryCorps Book)
8. Ghachar Ghochar: A Novel
9. Walking to Listen: 4,000 Miles Across America, One Story at a Time
10. A Field Guide to Getting Lost .
10. Letterman: The Last Giant of Late Night|
by Jason Zinoman
New York Times comedy critic Jason Zinoman delivers the definitive story of the life and artistic legacy of David Letterman, the greatest television talk show host of all time and the signature comedic voice of a generation.
In a career spanning more than thirty years, David Letterman redefined the modern talk show with an ironic comic style that transcended traditional television. While he remains one of the most famous stars in America, he is a remote, even reclusive, figure whose career is widely misunderstood. In Letterman, Jason Zinoman, the first comedy critic in the history of the New York Times, mixes groundbreaking reporting with unprecedented access and probing critical analysis to explain the unique entertainer’s titanic legacy. Moving from his early days in Indiana to his retirement, Zinoman goes behind the scenes of Letterman’s television career to illuminate the origins of his revolutionary comedy, its overlooked influences, and how his work intersects with and reveals his famously eccentric personality.
Zinoman argues that Letterman had three great artistic periods, each distinct and part of his evolution. As he examines key broadcasting moments—"Stupid Pet Tricks" and other captivating segments that defined Late Night with David Letterman—he illuminates Letterman’s relationship to his writers, and in particular, the show’s co-creator, Merrill Markoe, with whom Letterman shared a long professional and personal connection.
To understand popular culture today, it’s necessary to understand David Letterman. With this revealing biography, Zinoman offers a perceptive analysis of the man and the artist whose ironic voice and caustic meta-humor was critical to an entire generation of comedians and viewers—and whose singular style ushered in new tropes that have become clichés in comedy today.... Read more
1. Nevertheless: A Memoir
2. New York Magazine (March 6-19, 2017) David Letterman Cover
3. Late Night With David Letterman: The Book
4. Prince Charles: The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life
5. Paul Shaffer & The World's Most Dangerous Band
6. Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign
7. Leading Lady: Sherry Lansing and the Making of a Hollywood Groundbreaker
8. The Cake and the Rain: A Memoir
9. The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency
10. Based on a True Story: A Memoir .
|1-10 of 1888180 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net