|Store Home Browse: Books ... Law|
|1-10 of 675012 Results Next|
1. A Colony in a Nation|
by Chris Hayes
New York Times best-selling author and Emmy Award–winning news anchor Chris Hayes argues that there are really two Americas: a Colony and a Nation.
America likes to tell itself that it inhabits a postracial world, yet nearly every empirical measure―wealth, unemployment, incarceration, school segregation―reveals that racial inequality has barely improved since 1968, when Richard Nixon became our first “law and order” president. With the clarity and originality that distinguished his prescient bestseller, Twilight of the Elites, Chris Hayes upends our national conversation on policing and democracy in a book of wide-ranging historical, social, and political analysis.
Hayes contends our country has fractured in two: the Colony and the Nation. In the Nation, we venerate the law. In the Colony, we obsess over order, fear trumps civil rights, and aggressive policing resembles occupation. A Colony in a Nation explains how a country founded on justice now looks like something uncomfortably close to a police state. How and why did Americans build a system where conditions in Ferguson and West Baltimore mirror those that sparked the American Revolution?
A Colony in a Nation examines the surge in crime that began in the 1960s and peaked in the 1990s, and the unprecedented decline that followed. Drawing on close-hand reporting at flashpoints of racial conflict, as well as deeply personal experiences with policing, Hayes explores cultural touchstones, from the influential “broken windows” theory to the “squeegee men” of late-1980s Manhattan, to show how fear causes us to make dangerous and unfortunate choices, both in our society and at the personal level. With great empathy, he seeks to understand the challenges of policing communities haunted by the omnipresent threat of guns. Most important, he shows that a more democratic and sympathetic justice system already exists―in a place we least suspect.
A Colony in a Nation is an essential book―searing and insightful―that will reframe our thinking about law and order in the years to come.... Read more
1. Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy
2. Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power
3. Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy
4. On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century
5. The Plot to Hack America: How Putin’s Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election
6. This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class
7. How the Hell Did This Happen?: The Election of 2016
8. Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus
9. We Are the Change We Seek: The Speeches of Barack Obama
10. We Do Our Part: Toward a Fairer and More Equal America .
2. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success|
by Carol S. Dweck
Now updated with new research—the book that has changed millions of lives
1. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
2. The Growth Mindset Coach: A Teacher's Month-by-Month Handbook for Empowering Students to Achieve
3. Mindsets for Parents: Strategies to Encourage Growth Mindsets in Kids
4. Ready-to-Use Resources for Mindsets in the Classroom: Everything Educators Need for School Success
5. Mindsets in the Classroom: Building a Culture of Success and Student Achievement in Schools
6. The Leading Brain: Powerful Science-Based Strategies for Achieving Peak Performance
8. How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character
9. Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
10. Summary - Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - By Carol Dweck (Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Paperback, Book, Audiobook, Audible, Dweck, Psychology of Success) .
3. Cop Under Fire: Moving Beyond Hashtags of Race, Crime and Politics for a Better America|
by Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.
America has become increasingly divided and polarized in recent years. With growing racial tension, animosity toward law enforcement professionals, government corruption, and disregard for the constitutional process, there seems to be no easy answer in sight. But Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke knows where we must begin: we must stop blaming others; look at our problems with open eyes; take ownership of our family, community, and country; and turn to God for solutions. Deeply rooted in Sheriff Clarke's personal life story, this book is not a dry recitation of what has gone wrong in America with regard to race. It's about the issues that deeply affect us today both personally and politically and how we can rise above our current troubles to once again be a truly great people in pursuit of liberty and justice for all. Foreword by Sean Hannity.
1. Old School: Life in the Sane Lane
2. Big Agenda: President Trump’s Plan to Save America
3. Trump's War: His Battle for America
4. The Worst President in History: The Legacy of Barack Obama
5. The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again
6. The Swamp: Washington's Murky Pool of Corruption and Cronyism -- and How Trump Can Drain It
7. Treason: A Novel
8. Black Lies Matter: Why Lies Matter to the Race Grievance Industry
9. Game of Thorns: The Inside Story of Hillary Clinton's Failed Campaign and Donald Trump's Winning Strategy
10. Defeating Jihad: The Winnable War .
4. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness|
by Michelle Alexander
Once in a great while a book comes along that changes the way we see the world and helps to fuel a nationwide social movement. The New Jim Crow is such a book. Praised by Harvard Law professor Lani Guinier as "brave and bold," this book directly challenges the notion that the election of Barack Obama signals a new era of colorblindness. With dazzling candor, legal scholar Michelle Alexander argues that "we have not ended racial caste in America; we have merely redesigned it." By targeting black men through the War on Drugs and decimating communities of color, the U.S. criminal justice system functions as a contemporary system of racial control—relegating millions to a permanent second-class status—even as it formally adheres to the principle of colorblindness. In the words of Benjamin Todd Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP, this book is a "call to action."... Read more
Called "stunning" by Pulitzer Prize–winning historian David Levering Lewis, "invaluable" by the Daily Kos, "explosive" by Kirkus, and "profoundly necessary" by the Miami Herald, this updated and revised paperback edition of The New Jim Crow, now with a foreword by Cornel West, is a must-read for all people of conscience.
1. The New Jim Crow Study Guide and Call to Action
2. Between the World and Me
3. Building a Movement to End the New Jim Crow: an organizing guide
4. The Mis-Education of the Negro
5. Freedom Is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement
6. The Souls of Black Folk (Dover Thrift Editions)
7. Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing
8. We Should All Be Feminists
9. Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
10. Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race .
5. Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption|
by Bryan Stevenson
#1 New York Times Bestseller | Named one of the Best Books of the Year by The New York Times • The Washington Post • The Boston Globe • The Seattle Times • Esquire • Time
1. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
2. Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison
3. Between the World and Me
4. Capitalism: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
5. Time for Outrage: Indignez-vous!
6. Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
7. Globalization: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
8. America's Original Sin: Racism, White Privilege, and the Bridge to a New America
9. Inside: Life Behind Bars in America
10. Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America .
6. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume V: PrepTests 62 through 71 (Lsat Series)|
by Law School Admission Council
... Read more
For pure practice at an unbelievable price, you can't beat the 10 Actual series. Each book includes: 10 previously administered LSATs, an answer key for each test, a writing sample for each test,score-conversion tables, and sample Comparative Reading questions and explanations.
1. 10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading: (PrepTests 52-61) (Lsat Series)
2. The Official LSAT SuperPrep: The Champion of LSAT Prep
3. 10 More, Actual Official LSAT PrepTests: (PrepTests 19 through 28) (Lsat Series)
4. The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (Lsat Series)
5. The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible (Powerscore LSAT Bible) (Powerscore Test Preparation)
6. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests
7. The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible
8. The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide For The Self-Driven Student
9. The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible (PowerScore LSAT Bible) (PowerScore LSAT Bible Series)
10. The Official LSAT PrepTest 78: (June 2016 LSAT) .
7. Quicken Willmaker Plus 2017 Edition: Book & Software Kit|
by Editors of Nolo
NOW AVAILABLE FOR MAC
Plus, register your copy of Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 and get a free one-year subscription to Nolo's Online Living Trust.
Here’s more about the documents you can make with Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017:
The heart of every estate plan is a will, also known as a last will and testament. This legal document puts you in control of who inherits your property and who would take care of your children if it were ever necessary. Without a will, state law determines these issues. Your will also allows you to name an executor (sometimes called a “personal representative”) to carry out our wishes. And you can appoint a trusted person to manage property left to young people. With Quicken WillMaker Plus, you can revise and update your will whenever you like.
Your Health Care Directive
Spare your loved ones difficult decisions by laying out your wishes for medical care (living will) and naming someone to carry out your instructions (power of attorney for health care).
Your Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
A durable power of attorney ensures that someone you trust (called your "agent" or "attorney-in-fact") will be on hand to manage the many practical, financial tasks that will arise if you become incapacitated. For example, bills must be paid, bank deposits must be made and someone must handle insurance and benefits paperwork. In most cases, a durable power of attorney for finances is the best way to take care of tasks like these.
Your Final Arrangements
Plan a funeral or other ceremony and ease the burden on your loved ones. Describe your preferences for burial, cremation, memorials, obituaries, and more, and select someone to oversee your final arrangements.
Documents for Your Executor
Provide your executor with needed instructions, checklists, letters, notices, claim forms and more.
Information for Caregivers and Survivors
Organize your estate so that your survivors don't have to. Use these documents to give them information about everything from bank accounts to the names of people you'd like contacted in the event of your illness or death.
Letter to Survivors
Use this letter to leave a final message to your loved ones. You can explain the gifts you left in your will, leave advice, divulge secrets, suggest ways of spitting shared gifts, or any other thoughts you'd like to leave behind.
Personal Finance Documents
Over a dozen forms let you handle common financial situations, such as lending money to friends or family, creating a bill of sale, and closing a credit card account.
Home & Family Documents
Practical forms you can use every day to help run your home and keep your family safe, including authorizations and agreements, promissory notes, limited powers of attorney, and child and elder care forms.
* Estate planning documents not valid in Louisiana or U.S. Territories.
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2017 is ONLY for estate planning in the USA.
NOW AVAILABLE FOR MAC
Minimum System Requirements:
Computer. 1 GHz or higher
Operating System. Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or Mac 10.10/10.11
Memory. Minimum 1 GB RAM for Windows and 2 GB RAM for Mac
Hard Disk Space. Up to 54 MB free space; for Windows up to 1.5 GB if .NET not installed
Monitor. 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended; with 16-bit color)
Internet Connection. Broadband required to receive web updates and access online features
Printer. Any supported printer
Software. Adobe Reader and an internet browser
* If you do not have a CD-ROM drive, contact Nolo's Tech Support and upon proof of purchase we’ll promptly send you a download link. ... Read more
1. Make Your Own Living Trust
2. Get It Together: Organize Your Records So Your Family Won't Have To
3. Make Your Own Living Trust
4. Plan Your Estate
5. Peace of Mind Planner: Important Information about My Belongings, Business Affairs, and Wishes
6. TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]
7. Executor's Guide, The: Settling a Loved One's Estate or Trust
8. Living Trusts for Everyone: Why a Will is Not the Way to Avoid Probate, Protect Heirs, and Settle Estates
9. Wills And Trusts (Quick Study: Law)
10. TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal No State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive] .
8. The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible (Powerscore LSAT Bible) (Powerscore Test Preparation)|
by David M. Killoran
The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games BibleTM is the most comprehensive book available for the Logic Games section of the LSAT. This best-selling book will provide you with an advanced system for attacking any game that you may encounter on the LSAT.
The concepts presented in the Logic Games Bible are representative of the techniques covered in PowerScore's live courses and have consistently been proven effective for thousands of students.
The PowerScore Logic Games Bible features and explains a detailed methodology for solving all aspects of Logic Games, including:
Recognizing game types and the proper way to represent rules
The methods for making inferences efficiently and accurately Techniques for solving each question type
Detailed explanations for 30 official LSAT logic games
Time management strategies
Extensive drills to reinforce every major concept
A classification of every type of game that has appeared on the LSAT since June 1991
Access to a unique website that provides additional materials to complement the book and answer frequently asked student questions.
The Analytical Reasoning problems on the LSAT are often the most intimidating; however, once you understand how to construct an appropriate setup and make the necessary inferences, the solution to each question is quickly discovered.
The following Game types are covered in detail:
Basic Linear Games
Advanced Linear Games
Grouping and Linear Combination Games
Circular Sequencing Games
Numerical Distribution Games
Limited Possibilities Games
The Logic Games Bible can be supplemented by PowerScore s LSAT Logic Games Workbook, LSAT Logic Games Setups Encyclopedia volume 1 and 2, and LSAT Game Type Training I and II publications. The Logic Games Bible is part of PowerScore's Trilogy, the definitive yet comprehensive guide to attacking all sections of the LSAT. The Trilogy includes the PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible, LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible, and LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible.
PowerScore offers comprehensive LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, and ACT live and online preparation classes. For more information about PowerScore s publications or services, please visit PowerScore.com or contact PowerScore at (800) 545-1750.... Read more
1. The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible
2. The PowerScore LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible (PowerScore LSAT Bible) (PowerScore LSAT Bible Series)
3. The Official LSAT SuperPrep: The Champion of LSAT Prep
4. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests
5. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume V: PrepTests 62 through 71 (Lsat Series)
6. The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests (Lsat Series)
7. 10 More, Actual Official LSAT PrepTests: (PrepTests 19 through 28) (Lsat Series)
8. 10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading: (PrepTests 52-61) (Lsat Series)
9. The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook
10. The Official LSAT PrepTest 78: (June 2016 LSAT) .
9. Never Caught: The Washingtons' Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge|
by Erica Armstrong Dunbar
“A fascinating and moving account of a courageous and resourceful woman. Beautifully written and utilizing previously untapped sources it sheds new light both on the father of our country and on the intersections of slavery and freedom.” —Eric Foner, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Fiery Trial and Gateway to Freedom
1. I Am Not Your Negro: A Companion Edition to the Documentary Film Directed by Raoul Peck (Vintage International)
2. The Original Black Elite: Daniel Murray and the Story of a Forgotten Era
3. The Price for Their Pound of Flesh: The Value of the Enslaved, from Womb to Grave, in the Building of a Nation
4. The Blood of Emmett Till
5. The Black History of the White House (City Lights Open Media)
6. The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family
7. A Fragile Freedom (Society and the Sexes in the Modern World)
8. Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America
9. A Slave in the White House: Paul Jennings and the Madisons
10. Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race .
10. Kaplan LSAT Premier 2016-2017 with Real Practice Questions: Book + Online (Kaplan Test Prep)|
by Kaplan Test Prep
The #1 comprehensive LSAT prep book on the market just got better.
1. McGraw-Hill's LSAT Logic Flashcards (Test Prep)
2. 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests Volume V: PrepTests 62 through 71 (Lsat Series)
3. LSAT Prep Book: Study Guide & Practice Test Questions for the Law School Admission Council's (LSAC) Law School Admission Test
4. LSAT For Dummies
5. The Official LSAT SuperPrep: The Champion of LSAT Prep
6. The Official LSAT PrepTest 80: (Dec. 2016 LSAT)
7. 10 New Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests with Comparative Reading: (PrepTests 52-61) (Lsat Series)
8. The Official LSAT PrepTest 78: (June 2016 LSAT)
9. The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible (Powerscore LSAT Bible) (Powerscore Test Preparation)
10. LSAT Secrets Study Guide: LSAT Exam Review for the Law School Admission Test .
|1-10 of 675012 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net