|Store Home Browse: Books ... Travel|
|1-10 of 543442 Results Next|
1. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit|
by Michael Finkel
Many people dream of escaping modern life, but most will never act on it. This is the remarkable true story of a man who lived alone in the woods of Maine for 27 years, making this dream a reality—not out of anger at the world, but simply because he preferred to live on his own.
1. Open Season: True Stories of the Maine Warden Service
2. The Death and Life of the Great Lakes
3. Winds of Skilak: A Tale of True Grit, True Love and Survival in the Alaskan Wilderness
4. A Widow's Walk Off-Grid to Self-Reliance: An inspiring, true story of Courage and Determination
5. True Story tie-in edition: Murder, Memoir, Mea Culpa
6. The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
7. The Axeman of New Orleans: The True Story
8. Exit West: A Novel
9. Solitude: In Pursuit of a Singular Life in a Crowded World
10. Lost on a Mountain in Maine .
2. Road Atlas 2017: Large Scale|
by Rand McNally
2017 Large Scale Road Atlas
1. the Next EXIT 2017
2. 2017 Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide (Good Sams Rv Travel Guide & Campground Directory)
3. 50 States, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do
4. Off the Beaten Path: A Travel Guide to More Than 1000 Scenic and Interesting Places Still Uncrowded and Inviting
5. Your Guide to the National Parks: The Complete Guide to all 59 National Parks (Second edition)
6. RV Camping in State Parks
7. National Geographic Road Atlas - Adventure Edition
8. Road Trip USA: Cross-Country Adventures on America's Two-Lane Highways
9. Roadfood, 10th Edition: An Eater's Guide to More Than 1,000 of the Best Local Hot Spots and Hidden Gems Across America
10. National Park Service Camping Guide, 6th Edition .
3. Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders|
by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, Ella Morton
It's time to get off the beaten path. Inspiring equal parts wonder and wanderlust, Atlas Obscura celebrates over 700 of the strangest and most curious places in the world.... Read more
Talk about a bucket list: here are natural wonders—the dazzling glowworm caves in New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa that's so large it has a pub inside where 15 people can drink comfortably. Architectural marvels, including the M.C. Escher-like stepwells in India. Mind-boggling events, like the Baby Jumping Festival in Spain, where men dressed as devils literally vault over rows of squirming infants. Not to mention the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia, Turkmenistan's 40-year hole of fire called the Gates of Hell, a graveyard for decommissioned ships on the coast of Bangladesh, eccentric bone museums in Italy, or a weather-forecasting invention that was powered by leeches, still on display in Devon, England.
Created by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras and Ella Morton, ATLAS OBSCURA revels in the weird, the unexpected, the overlooked, the hidden and the mysterious. Every page expands our sense of how strange and marvelous the world really is. And with its compelling descriptions, hundreds of photographs, surprising charts, maps for every region of the world, it is a book to enter anywhere, and will be as appealing to the armchair traveler as the die-hard adventurer.
Anyone can be a tourist. ATLAS OBSCURA is for the explorer.
1. Atlas of Improbable Places: A Journey to the World's Most Unusual Corners
2. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
3. Atlas of Cursed Places: A Travel Guide to Dangerous and Frightful Destinations
4. Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words
5. National Geographic Infographics
6. A Burglar's Guide to the City
7. Tales from the Loop
8. Things from the Flood
9. Roadfood, 10th Edition: An Eater's Guide to More Than 1,000 of the Best Local Hot Spots and Hidden Gems Across America
10. Overview: A New Perspective of Earth .
4. Rick Steves Italy 2017|
by Rick Steves
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Italy.... Read more
From the beaches to the Alps, from fine art to fine pasta, Italy has it all. With this book, you'll trace Italian culture from Rome's Colosseum to Michelangelo's David to the bustling elegance of Milan. Experience the art-drenched cities of Venice and Florence, explore the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum, and learn how to avoid the lines at the most popular museums. Discover the villages of Tuscany and Umbria and the lazy rhythms of the Cinque Terre. Shop at local market stalls, sip a cappuccino at an outdoor café, and pick up a picnic lunch at an allimentari. Relax and enjoy the life of Bella Italia!
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. He'll help you plan where to go and what to see, depending on the length of your trip. You'll get up-to-date recommendations about what is worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
1. Rick Steves' Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary
2. Rick Steves' Italy Map: Including Rome, Florence, Venice and Siena City
3. Rick Steves' Pocket Rome
4. Rick Steves Florence & Tuscany 2017
5. Rick Steves Rome 2017
6. Rick Steves Pocket Venice
7. Frommer's EasyGuide to Rome, Florence and Venice 2017 (Easy Guides)
8. Rick Steves Switzerland
9. Rick Steves France 2017
10. Rick Steves Snapshot Naples & the Amalfi Coast: Including Pompeii .
5. A Long Way Home: A Memoir|
by Saroo Brierley
First it was a media sensation. Then it became the #1 international bestseller A Long Way Home. Now it’s Lion, the major motion picture starring Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, and Rooney Mara—nominated for six Academy Awards!
1. Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race
2. Lion: A Long Way Home Young Readers' Edition
3. Colour Bar: A United Kingdom
4. The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story
5. A Man Called Ove: A Novel
6. A Dog's Purpose: A Novel for Humans
7. The Girl With No Name
9. Hidden Figures Young Readers' Edition
10. Lilac Girls: A Novel .
6. The MILEPOST 2017|
The MILEPOST® is Alaska’s best known and most extensive travel guide. It was first published in 1949 as a 72-page mile-by-mile guide to the recently opened to the public Alaska (“Alcan”) Highway. The 2017 edition has more than 700 pages of detailed travel information on 30 major routes—including the Alaska Highway, which celebrates its 75th anniversary this year—and 60 side trips, totaling more than 15,000 miles of road in Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Territories, British Columbia and Alberta.
1. Traveler's Guide to Alaskan Camping: Alaskan and Yukon Camping with RV or Tent (Traveler's Guide series)
2. Guide to the Alaska Highway: Your Complete Driving Guide
3. Rand Mcnally Easy to Read Alaska State Map
4. Alaska Atlas & Gazetteer
5. RVing North to Alaska: Guide for Travel on the Alcan Highway
6. Moon Anchorage, Denali & the Kenai Peninsula (Moon Handbooks)
7. Traveler's Guide to Alaskan Camping: Alaska and Yukon Camping With RV or Tent (Traveler's Guide series)
8. Fodor's Alaska (Full-color Travel Guide)
9. Alaska's Kenai Peninsula Road & Recreation Map, 6th Edition
10. Rand McNally Easy to Fold: Alaska (Laminated) (Easyfinder Maps) .
7. The First Love Story: Adam, Eve, and Us|
by Bruce Feiler
From the New York Times bestselling author of Walking the Bible and Abraham comes a revelatory journey across four continents and 4,000 years exploring how Adam and Eve introduced the idea of love into the world, and how they continue to shape our deepest feelings about relationships, family, and togetherness.
1. Walking the Bible: A Journey by Land Through the Five Books of Moses
2. The Secrets of Happy Families: Improve Your Mornings, Tell Your Family History, Fight Smarter, Go Out and Play, and Much More
3. The Story of Hebrew (Library of Jewish Ideas)
4. Abraham: A Journey to the Heart of Three Faiths
5. The Arrangement: A Novel
6. Yitzhak Rabin: Soldier, Leader, Statesman (Jewish Lives)
7. This Close to Happy: A Reckoning with Depression
8. Always By My Side: Life Lessons from Millie and All the Dogs I've Loved
9. Fallen Glory: The Lives and Deaths of History's Greatest Buildings
10. Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog .
8. Rick Steves Ireland 2017|
by Rick Steves, Pat O'Connor
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Ireland.... Read more
With this guide, you can explore lively Dublin, quaint Kilkenny, and the moss-draped ruins of the Ring of Kerry. Navigate meandering back roads that lead to windswept crags on the dramatic Dingle Peninsula. Explore Ireland's revered past by following St. Patrick's footsteps to the Rock of Cashel. Marvel at Newgrange, the mysterious mound older than the pyramids; then connect with today's Irish culture by grabbing a pint at the local pub, enjoying the fiddle music, and jumping into conversations that buzz with brogue.
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. He'll help you plan where to go and what to see, depending on the length of your trip. You'll get up-to-date recommendations on what is worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
1. Rick Steves Scotland
2. Frommer's EasyGuide to Ireland 2017 (Easy Guides)
3. Ireland (National Geographic Adventure Map)
4. 2017 Collins Ireland Road Map
5. Lonely Planet Ireland (Travel Guide)
6. Frommer's Ireland 2017 (Complete Guide)
7. Back Roads Ireland (Eyewitness Travel Back Roads)
8. Rick Steves Great Britain
9. DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Ireland
10. Lonely Planet Ireland's Best Trips (Travel Guide) .
9. Rick Steves Paris 2017|
by Rick Steves, Steve Smith, Gene Openshaw
You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in the City of Light—Paris.... Read more
With the self-guided tours in this book, you'll explore the grand Champs-Elysées, the eye-popping Eiffel Tower, and the radiant cathedral of Notre-Dame. Learn how to save money and avoid the lines at the Louvre and Orsay Museums. Enjoy the ambience of Parisian neighborhoods, and take a day trip to the glittering palace of Versailles, or to the Champagne-soaked city of Reims. Then grab a café crème at a sidewalk café and listen to the hum of the city. You'll see why Paris remains at the heart of global culture.
Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants in delightful neighborhoods. You'll learn how to navigate the Paris Métro, and which sights are worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
1. Rick Steves' French Phrase Book & Dictionary
2. Rick Steves London 2017
3. Rick Steves France 2017
4. Rick Steves' Pocket Paris
5. Little Black Book of Paris, 2017 Edition (The Little Black Book of)
6. Frommer's EasyGuide to Paris 2017 (Easy Guides)
7. Rick Steves Snapshot Normandy
8. DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Paris
9. The Food Lover's Guide to Paris: The Best Restaurants, Bistros, Cafés, Markets, Bakeries, and More
10. Michelin Paris Pocket Map 50 (Plan Poche) .
10. Birnbaum's 2017 Walt Disney World: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides)|
by Birnbaum Guides
... Read more
As Walt Disney World continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum to guide you through it all.
-- Disney's Animal Kingdom is completing its 14-acre growth spurt-the largest expansion in Walt Disney World theme park history. Turn to Birnbaum for details on all the latest additions to this park's immersive celebration of nature. Among them:
• Pandora-The World of AVATAR, set to open in 2017, invites guests to a land themed to the blockbuster film AVATAR. The 2017 edition of Birnbaum's Official Guide to Walt Disney World explores this escapist realm that includes a glowing forest, floating mountains, flying Banshees, and a bona fide "E-Ticket" attraction: AVATAR Flight of Passage.
• Sunset Safaris: A new nighttime adventure takes over the popular Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction. Birnbaum offers insight on how to make the most of an evening visit to Animal Kingdom and experience the magically extended orange glow of the setting sun.
• Animal Kingdom now offers its own version of a Disney park "kiss good night" with the brand-new after-dark extravaganza known as Rivers of Light. Birnbaum sheds light on this combination of live performances, water screens, swirling animal images, and floating lanterns-taking place on and around the Discovery River.
-- The Force continues to gain strength at Walt Disney World. In addition to a sneak-peek at Star Wars Land, currently under construction at Disney's Hollywood-themed park, Birnbaum gives the low-down on all the current fun, courtesy of Darth Vader and company.
• Fireworks have blasted back into the Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Birnbaum explains where and when to view the seasonally presented Star Wars-themed pyrotechnic display.
• Do your youngsters fancy themselves proud Padawans? We can direct them to the all-new Jedi Training Company, where they can learn to harness the Force, wield a light saber, and fight the Dark Side.
-- What's it like to be a toy in Andy's backyard? WDW guests will find out soon - Toy Story Land is on its way! Birnbaum offers a first look at what to expect when this new 11-acre play land is complete.
-- Put on your dancing shoes - Club Disney is a lively new dance party where the "walls come alive with classic Disney animation." We'll tell you where to find it!
-- Get the scoop on new and newly-enhanced theme park shows and attractions, including Epcot's beloved Soarin', recently re-imagined and now known as Soarin' Around the World, plus Frozen Ever After, the wildly popular new family-friendly dark ride that transports guests to Elsa's Ice Palace and other Arendelle must-sees.
-- Speaking of Anna and Elsa, we'll tell you the best way to meet them and even belt out "Let It Go" and other Frozen favorites with the revered royal duo.
-- Disney Cruise Line weighs anchor a mere 50 miles from Walt Disney World, making a surf-and-turf vacation a tempting possibility for many a Disney guest. A special Birnbaum "bonus" chapter guides guests from possibility to reality, laying out all the details for pairing a Disney Cruise with a visit to Walt Disney World.
1. Birnbaum's 2017 Walt Disney World For Kids: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides)
2. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017
3. The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2017
4. Walt Disney World Resort Theme Park Maps - All Four Parks Plus Downtown Disney.
5. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2017
6. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom
7. Frommer's EasyGuide to Disney World, Universal and Orlando 2017 (Easy Guides)
8. The Complete Walt Disney World 2017
9. Walt Disney World Resort Parks Attraction Guide Maps All Four Parks Plus Disney Springs and Waterparks
10. The Complete Guide to FastPass+ and My Disney Experience: Tips & strategies for a magical Disney World vacation .
|1-10 of 543442 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net