|Store Home Search: Books - Chelsea Clinton (Author)|
|1-10 of 10 Results|
1. She Persisted|
by Chelsea Clinton
Chelsea Clinton introduces tiny feminists, mini activists and little kids who are ready to take on the world to thirteen inspirational women who never took no for an answer, and who always, inevitably and without fail, persisted.
1. I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
2. It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!
3. It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!
4. Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World
5. Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
6. Hillary Rodham Clinton: Some Girls Are Born to Lead
7. Rad American Women A-Z: Rebels, Trailblazers, and Visionaries who Shaped Our History . . . and Our Future! (City Lights/Sister Spit)
8. The Pumpkin and The Pantsuit
9. Rosie Revere, Engineer
10. Not All Princesses Dress in Pink .
2. It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!|
by Chelsea Clinton
Get Informed! Get Inspired! Get Going! The New York Times bestselling book of empowerment for kids. Make a difference in your world!
1. She Persisted
2. The New 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth
3. Be a Changemaker: How to Start Something That Matters
4. The Kid's Guide to Service Projects: Over 500 Service Ideas for Young People Who Want to Make a Difference
5. Kids Who Are Changing the World
6. Real Kids, Real Stories, Real Change: Courageous Actions Around the World
7. I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
8. 77 Creative Ways Kids Can Serve
9. The Pumpkin and The Pantsuit
10. Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why? .
3. Governing Global Health: Who Runs the World and Why?|
by Chelsea Clinton, Devi Sridhar
The past few decades have seen a massive increase in the number of international organizations focusing on global health. Campaigns to eradicate or stem the spread of AIDS, SARS, malaria, and Ebola attest to the increasing importance of globally-oriented health organizations. These organizations may be national, regional, international, or even non-state organizations-like Medicins Sans Frontieres. One of the more important recent trends in global health governance, though, has been the rise of public-private partnerships (PPPs) where private non-governmental organizations, for-profit enterprises, and various other social entrepreneurs work hand-in-hand with governments to combat specific maladies. A primary driver for this development is the widespread belief that by joining together, PPPs will attack health problems and fund shared efforts more effectively than other systems.
1. She Persisted
2. A History of Global Health: Interventions into the Lives of Other Peoples
3. Millions Saved: New Cases of Proven Success in Global Health
4. It's Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired & Get Going!
5. Reimagining Global Health: An Introduction (California Series in Public Anthropology)
6. Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs
7. Experimental Conversations: Perspectives on Randomized Trials in Development Economics (MIT Press)
8. The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century (The Princeton Economic History of the Western World)
9. The Complacent Class: The Self-Defeating Quest for the American Dream
10. The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017-2019 Can Make You Rich .
4. Waist Away: How to Joyfully Lose Weight and Supercharge Your Life|
by Mary Clifton MD, Chelsea M Clinton MD
NEW COMPANION COOKBOOK NOW AVAILABLE!
DO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT EFFORTLESSLY AND FEEL FABULOUS?
A mother/daughter physician team will show you how in waist away, a book that reflects their 15 years of medical experience and cutting-edge nutritional know-how. These two docs believe in the philosophy that good food is always your best medicine. You’ll read stories of their patients who lost weight and conquered chronic diseases, simply from eating a delicious, plant-based diet.
Waist Away features special sections on revving up your sex drive, staving off osteoporosis, conquering food addictions, and sailing through menopause. You’ll also get great advice and recipes from the biggest names in the nutrition world. If you’re ready to lose weight joyfully and live a life free of disease—in a delicious way that makes sense for yourself and the planet—this book is for you.
Waist Away reads like one of those long, candid conversations you’ve always wanted to have with your family doctor. The kind you never get to enjoy because everyone’s watching the clock and other patients are waiting….
If there’s a main focus to Waist Away, it’s the virtue of vegan living. Clifton is a firm believer that a diet containing red meat significantly increases the risk of chronic disease, so it’s a subject she doesn’t hesitate to address in a very pragmatic way. “I try not to use any “v” words on the first appointment,” she quips of her encounters with patients. “It’s like talking about your crazy relatives on the first date.”
Throughout the book the tone is friendly, reassuring, and even humorous. Clifton describes some of the challenges she’s encountered as a vegetarian—for example, going out to dinner parties and being the only guest at the table without a plate of food because of her “special needs.” Her approach is down-to-earth, grounded, and practical, and her recipes reflect her focus on healthy living with foods such as Cajun red beans, vegetarian chili, wraps, and sandwiches.
Clinton makes a strong case for going vegan. Careful readers may just find themselves making a few lifestyle changes. —ForeWord Reviews
Dr. Mary has done an exceptional job distilling the science of lifestyle medicine into actionable nuggets of good health. Her approach to good health is a sure fire way to achieve your best health starting today. Fingers, feet and forks are the "secret" to good health, and Dr. Mary teaches you how to use all three to move from surviving to thriving. —Dr. Stephan Esser, M.D., Founder of Esser Health
I have placed Waist Away on my required reading list for my friends, private patients and family members; all the people who matter the most to me. —Don Wagner, D.O., Medical Director of Bullhead Urgent Care and host of the Dr. Don Show.
I applaud [Dr. Mary’s] efforts to spread the word with the readers of her timely and informative book. —Charles J Huebner, MD, FACR, Harbor Arthritis/Lifestyle Center Petoskey, MI... Read more
1. Get Waisted: 100 Addictively Delicious Plant-Based Entrées (Volume 2)
2. The Healthiest Diet on the Planet: Why the Foods You Love-Pizza, Pancakes, Potatoes, Pasta, and More-Are the Solution to Preventing Disease and Looking and Feeling Your Best
3. Radiance 4 Life: The 4 Cornerstones of Ultimate Vitality
4. The Two-Week Wellness Solution: The Fast Track to Permanent Weight Loss and Vitality!
5. The Good Karma Diet: Eat Gently, Feel Amazing, Age in Slow Motion .
5. The Other Parent: The Inside Story of the Media's Effect on Our Children|
by James P. Steyer
Kids must have special rules. It is more than naive to pretend that the market alone will protect them. We recognize this in virtually every sphere of life. Yet in the media, we have stripped away the very rules created to protect them, leaving them almost entirely to the profit-driven manipulations of the free market.
THE OTHER PARENT
James P. Steyer's explosive investigation into how the media affects our children is a groundbreaking book that will shock most parents. Through songs on the radio, Internet access, television, and movies, our kids are learning how to live in an adult world long before they are ready. They are besieged on a daily basis by images of sex, commercialism, and violence via such mainstream programming as Dawson's Creek, films such as American Pie and The Matrix, and computer games such as Doom and Quake. "This is the new media reality," Steyer states, "and it is one most parents are not prepared for."
Steyer examines how we have allowed media to bombard our children's lives and he offers practical advice on countering the incessant parade of images that frighten, intrigue, and influence America's kids:
The Other Parent is a powerful and provocative book about the media's incredible impact on our families and our society.
1. Talking Back to Facebook: The Common Sense Guide to Raising Kids in the Digital Age .
6. She Persisted : 31 Most Inspiring Women Who Changed The World|
by she persisted chelsea clinton, Saraswati Biswas
After reading about these legendary women, you'll know you can contribute towards the society no matter what - you don't need to be in a specific field, time or environment to make a difference to the world in this lifetime. Get this book right now, Learn something, Teach something.... Read more
7. Talking Back to Facebook: The Common Sense Guide to Raising Kids in the Digital Age (Hardback) - Common|
by Foreword by Chelsea Clinton By (author) Professor James P Steyer
"The RAP on digital media -- Relationships: connection, intimacy, and self-image -- Attention and addiction: your child's brain on computers -- The loss of Privacy: why your child is at risk -- The end of innocence -- Embracing the positives of digital media -- Kids are more than data points -- Parenting 2.0: top common sense tips -- Birth to age two -- Ages Three to four -- Ages five to six -- Ag... Read more
8. Mademoiselle, February 2001-Kirsten Dunst-Hollywood's Leading Lolita & Exclusive: What's Chelsea Clinton Really Like?|
by February 2001-Kirsten Dunst-Hollywood's Leading Lolita & Exclusive:What Chelsea Clinton is really like. Mademoiselle
Monthly celebrity and fashion magazine.... Read more
9. ES TU MUNDO|
by Chelsea Clinton
Brand NEW. We ship worldwide... Read more
10. Es tu mundo / It's Your World|
by Chelsea Clinton
Tú eres importante Tú puedes cambiar las cosas Porque es Tu mundo.... Read more
|1-10 of 10 Results|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net